I am honored to participate in the Reston SQL Server 2014 Launch Update event – a half-day event held 16 May 2014 at the Microsoft Reston Office. You can learn more and register here.
Art Rask will kick-off the event with an overview of new features of SQL Server 2014, including:
- Integrated In-memory technology
- AlwaysOn HA / DR for mission-critical workloads
- Cloud and on-premises scenarios support
- Resource governance improvements
- Advanced security enhancements
After this introduction, two tracks are available for attendees: the Engine track and the BI track.
Tim Mitchell (blog | @Tim_Mitchell) – co-author of SSIS Design Patterns and Group Principal at Linchpin People – and I will be presenting on new capabilities in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), including:
- Upgrading from SSIS 2008
- New designer features
- SSIS Catalog
- Data Warehousing
- Data quality services
- Enterprise data integration design patterns
- Master data services
Reeves Smith will present on Analysis Services, Reporting Services, and Power BI, including:
- Upgrading from SSAS 2008
- Tabular model improvements
- Implementing an enterprise BI strategy
Darryll Petrancuri will present “lessons from the field” featuring early-adoption stories of two new features of SQL Server 2014:
- In-memory OLTP
- Clustered columnstore indexes
Casey Loranger will share significant improvements in SQL Failover Clustering, AlwaysOn Availability Groups, and cool new disaster recovery options using Microsoft Azure.
I hope to see you there 16 May! Register today!