Adam Machanic

Excellent Job Opportunity: SQL Developer in Boston MA

Want to do interesting, in-depth SQL Server development work for a great company?

If the answer is yes, you should drop me a line immediately. Send me your resume at [my first name] @ [the name of this site].

More information:

This job is working on a data warehouse for a financial services company in Boston, MA. I cannot publicly mention the company name or say much about it, but if you e-mail me a resume I'll be happy to share more information. What I can say is that it's a solid company with a great reputation in the industry, and a fantastic place to work. The position is located in Boston, MA, and either requires that you live here or travel here (at your own expense) on a fairly regular basis. The company would prefer to hire fulltime employees, but there may be room for a contractor -- e-mail me and we'll see.

The project itself is to work with a small team of dedicated database developers, on a project very core to the company's mission. There are a lot of interesting challenges, there is a lot of work to be done, and the project is a very high visibility endeavor. The team is small and the project is somewhat loosely managed, so team members are expected to be the kind of people who can drive themselves forward, set their own goals, and make progress without a whole lot of hand holding. If you're the kind of person who is a self-starter and loves to learn, this is an environment in which you can really flourish.

Task-wise you'll be expected, depending on the day, to do some database design, some ETL, and usually a lot of T-SQL development. Performance is of paramount importance and the company is looking for people who have good to excellent understanding of SQL Server internals and can handle complex query tuning challenges. If you're the kind of person who gets excited when Paul White writes a new blog post, you'd be a great fit.

I can't say anything more here; if you're interested, drop me a line and I'll be happy to chat with you either via email or over the phone. I think this is a great opportunity and I hope some of my readers will want to give it a shot.

Published Thursday, August 09, 2012 1:09 PM by Adam Machanic

Comments

JYao said:

Very inspiring and well written, far better than those boring "help-wanted" type of ads.

August 9, 2012 2:38 PM

Adam Machanic said:

Glad to hear it, JYao. So will you be sending me a resume?

August 9, 2012 4:42 PM

SomewhereSomehow said:

So inspiring vacancy! Sad it is in Boston, not in Moscow.

August 10, 2012 5:40 AM

Gary C said:

we talking downtown or outskirts 128/95 ?

August 10, 2012 9:27 AM

Adam Machanic said:

SomewhereSomehow: No interest in relocating? :-)

Gary C: Downtown / Financial District.

August 10, 2012 11:07 AM

SomewhereSomehow said:

>SomewhereSomehow: No interest in relocating? :-)

Well, in fact, I'm interested exactly in vacancy! So, if it demands relocating and you may think about it, why not? =)

Here is some links to introduce me:

blog: http://somewheresomehow.ru/ (it is in russian, but google translate might help to see the main point)

linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/pilugin-dmitry-somewheresomehow/2b/210/277

I'll try to make an english CV, and send you it, after a week end on monday. If it is not a cruel joke of course =))

August 10, 2012 2:51 PM

Amit Kumar said:

Inspiring and invovating vaccancy, and I'm interested in doing something like this. Kindly guide me for further process & my id is lohani.18@sify.com, and contact: +919051272613

August 11, 2012 3:00 PM

SQL_DBA said:

Adam,

Are you looking for someone with expertise and knowledge similar to your own? Should non-MVP's or Masters apply?

April 4, 2013 12:48 PM